Brief description: This project is situated in Bexhill-on-Sea - it is a skills Centre for 200 pupils, which is associated to a new 'transformational' school with a further capacity of 2100. The Centre is primarily for the pupils to learn 'hands on'
vocational and practical skills (i.e. Bricklaying, Joinery, Engineering, Painting & Decorating, Hair & Beauty, Catering), which is integrated into their academic curriculum.
• Role: Project Architect
• Sector: Education (New Build)
• Contract value: £5 million
• Procurement route: Design & Build/BSF framework
• RIBA Stages: A to L
• Client - Contractor: KIER
• Client - User: East Sussex County Council
• Completion Date: June 2010
• This project was executed under the banner of Devereux architects Ltd